Building VLC fails again

Eneko Gotzon enekogotzon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 18:51:07 PST 2016

Hello.

Due to a recent VLC building failure, I was pointed (thank you Brandon &
Ryan) to the Build failures after upgrading to Xcode 7.2
<https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#xcode7.2> section of
MacPorts Problems Hotlist. There, it is written that the causative Xcode
installation error *was fixed in Xcode 7.2.1*.

My computer is running Xcode 7.2.1 but updating –building– VLC still fails.
To successfully build that port it seems needed to continue manually fixing
the concerned permissions issue (running the proposed commands).

So, contrary to what it is written in the Problems Hotlist, it seems that
Xcode 7.2.1 has not fixed the build failures, at least in the case of VLC.

** Humbly written…*
--
Eneko Gotzon Ares
enekogotzon at gmail.com