Using libTydy in Python

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 13:15:26 PST 2016

Hi guys,

I’m trying to use a simple program here, but I keep getting the following error:

$ python scriptLattes.py ./exemplo/teste-01.config
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scriptLattes.py", line 44, in <module>
    from grupo import *
  File "scriptLattes/grupo.py", line 30, in <module>
    from membro import *
  File "scriptLattes/membro.py", line 33, in <module>
    from parserLattes import *
  File "scriptLattes/parserLattes.py", line 29, in <module>
    from tidylib import tidy_document
ImportError: No module named tidylib

I have made some searches, and it seems that the error would be caused by not having Tidy installed. However, I *do* have tidy installed here:

$ tidy --version
HTML Tidy for Mac OS X version 5.1.25

I’m using Python from MacPorts:

$ python --version
Python 2.7.11

$ which python
/opt/local/bin/python

Could anyone enlighten me on what may be going on here?

About the program, its called ScriptLattes, a tool to acquire data from a curriculum vitae repository we use in brazil, and is available here:

http://scriptlattes.sourceforge.net

Thanks,
—
Gustavo Seabra.