Packaging a compiled port to App

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at macports.org
Wed Feb 17 11:10:29 PST 2016

> On Feb 17, 2016, at 1:57 PM, Alejandro Imass <aimass at yabarana.com> wrote:
>
> Is it possible to package a compiled port into an OS X App for distribution inside a company for users that don't have MacPorts ?
>
> Specifically I'd like to package DIA and it's dependencies into an App that I can post on a company server and other team members can easily install.

You want to use ‘port mdmg …’ or ‘port mpkg …’.  Brief documentation at:

https://guide.macports.org/#using.binaries.binary-packages

Either of these will create a self-containted installer for whichever package you need.  No need to install MacPorts or Xcode.

Pro tip:  if the target port, or any dependency, has any post-activate steps, these will NOT be executed by the installer.  You’ll have to create a script or manual process to take such actions.  Probably need such just set an appropriate PATH.

Craig