XFCE

Pierre Henri CHAUDOUARD pf15 at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 6 12:03:38 PST 2016

> >> Anyway, now the ports *have* been updated to the latest version Xfce 4.12 so "should" work.
> >> This includes the desktop, with Thunar and Terminal. See screenshot from XQuartz on Mavericks:
> >>
> > Thank you for the upgrade ! I was very happy with KDE 3.5 with X11 on OS X Lion and I am trying to have something similar on OS El Capitan ... However the installation of Xfce still fails. More precisely it fails with exo. I get the following :
> >
> > :info:configure checking for libxfce4ui-1 >= 4.10.0... not found
> > :info:configure *** The required package libxfce4ui-1 was not found on your system.
> > :info:configure *** Please install libxfce4ui-1 (atleast version 4.10.0) or adjust
>
> Right, seems that I missed a spot (another one, typo:ed an URL too...)
> Fixed in https://trac.macports.org/changeset/144277 - please try again.
>
> Terminal is available as "xfce4-terminal" now, and has been made optional.
> Removed the browser ("midori") too, since it wasn't always up to date ?

Now the installation fails at xfconf:
Pierre-Henri

:info:configure checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl m
odule is required for intltool
:info:configure Command failed:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_xfce_xfconf/xfconf/work/xfconf-4.12.0" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --disable-visibility
:info:configure Exit code: 2
:error:configure Failed to configure xfconf, consult /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_xfce_xfconf/xfconf/work/xfconf-4.12.0/config.log
:error:configure org.macports.configure for port xfconf returned: configure failure: command execution failed
:debug:configure Error code: NONE
:debug:configure Backtrace: configure failure: command execution failed
    while executing
"portconfigure::configure_main org.macports.configure"
    ("eval" body line 1