XFCE

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Wed Jan 6 15:42:10 PST 2016

Pierre Henri CHAUDOUARD:

> Ok, now I have installed xfce (not without pain ...). But it fails to launch ...
>
> /opt/local/bin/startxfce4: X server already running on display :0

Weird that this doesn't seem to be using launchd, but whatever. Maybe it changed ?

> /opt/local/etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc: line 113: 13661 Segmentation fault: 11  xfce4-session

This segfault needs to be debugged by someone. Thank you for trying it out, none the less!

There's also some unresolved issue with xfsettingsd not starting up properly (autostart)...
This is the reason for the wrong theme and missing icons, unless hacking gtkrc as in the Wiki.

It's supposed to be reading those from ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xsettings.xml
Probably something launchd: "xfsettingsd-ERROR **: Failed to connect to the dbus session bus."

--anders