Error

Ankit Ruhi ankruh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 22:12:07 PST 2016

Hello,

While trying to self update macport I get the following error :

$ port -v selfupdate

--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync

rsync: failed to connect to rsync.macports.org: Connection refused (61)

rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/rsync/rsync-47/rsync/clientserver.c(105)
[receiver=2.6.9]

Command failed: /usr/bin/rsync -rtzv --delete-after rsync://
rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/base.tar
 /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs

Exit code: 10

Error: Error synchronizing MacPorts sources: command execution failed

To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:

    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets

Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Error synchronizing
MacPorts sources: command execution failed

Also when I try installing gdb, I get the following error

$ sudo port install gdb-apple

Error: Port gdb-apple not found

Thank you for the help in advance.
--