Perl5 (meta package) switched from 5.16 to 5.22 - p5-* and git not switched

Justin Vallon justinvallon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 10:40:46 PST 2016

I just did a selfupdate && upgrade, and perl5 was upgraded from perl5.16
to perl5.22.

However, my p5-string-shellquote was not automatically upgraded from
p5.16- to p5.22-, and I had to reinstall it.

Similar for git and ossp-uuid.  Each had a perl5_16 variant installed
and ugprade did nothing, but reinstalling ended up with perl5_22.

My guess is that the perl5 Portfile was changed, so upgrade rebuilt it
and thus installed perl5.22, but p5-string-shellquote was not changed,
so did not get an automatic upgrade.

Is this expected?

--
-Justin