MacPorts for non-Internet-connected networks

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jan 27 18:09:50 PST 2016

Please Reply All when you reply, so that the conversation stays on the mailing list and all can benefit from it.

> On Jan 27, 2016, at 5:48 PM, Bachsau <web at bachsau.name> wrote:
>

>> Am 28.01.2016 um 01:05 schrieb Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>:
>>
>> binaries for many ports for many different versions of OS X (currently 342GB)
>
> Is has binaries? Then WTF does it compile for hours when I upgrade my outdated ports?

We do have binaries. MacPorts compiles on your system when binaries are not available. There are many reasons why binaries might not be available. The main reason right now is that our El Capitan build slave does not have its network ports opened yet to allow it to begin building. But I'm very hopeful that this will be fixed very soon. Other reasons include license incompatibilities and non-standard MacPorts configurations.