Install libffi on Mac OSX

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 13:54:41 PDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Asra Hassan <ahassa23 at uic.edu> wrote:

> I'm trying to download demeter on m Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and to do
> so, I followed the steps as listed on the website by downloading xcode and
> xcode command line, I agreed to the license and I downloaded macport of my
> version of OSx. However, every time I try to run the following *sudo port
> install xorg-server demeter*  it gives me the following error msgs*
> failed to install libfii* and *processing of port demeter failed,*"file
> of the full error msg attached". I was wondering if anyone can help me
> solving this problem, it will be highly appreciated.

You appear to be running in archive-only mode, as the port install is
aborting immediately after failing to download an archive. Not all ports
are available prebuilt, for various reasons; archive-only mode is not
recommended for normal use. Since your command line doesn't have -b in it,
this is either a shell alias or "buildfromsource: never" in
/opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf.