MacPorts servers slowness...

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sun Jul 17 15:14:17 PDT 2016

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 12:22:41AM +0200, Marko Käning wrote:
> it looks as if something is currently wrong with MacPorts’
> infrastructure, because I often saw quite some slow response as well
> as breaking downloads causing package installation failures…

Which infrastructure are we talking about here? distfiles.macports.org
and packages.macports.org or SVN? Note that distfiles.macports.org and
packages.macports.org are now served by a CDN, so you'd have to directly
access the IP address those domain resolve to for you to find out which
datacenter you are actually getting.

> Any idea, or is this only locally for me the case?

I don't see any problems, but I've also set a preferred mirror that
isn't the CDN.

--
Clemens