Which compiler was used for pre-built libiodbc?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jul 26 20:04:41 PDT 2016

On Jul 26, 2016, at 7:23 PM, Richard L. Hamilton wrote:

> Which compiler was used for pre-built libiodbc?  It failed on both my El Capitan boxes, until the pre-built was available, and that installed of course.  It's also failing on the Snow Leopard, and I doubt there's a pre-built one for that.  I'm hoping for better luck if I build with the same options and compiler that was used with the pre-built ones.
>
> Hardware Version: Mac mini (Mid 2007) (Macmini2,1)
> Mac OS X 10.6.8 10K549 (Snow Leopard)
> Xcode 4.2 4C199
> MacPorts Version: 2.3.4
>
> Here's the error log, starting with the first command that failed:

> :info:build drvconn.c:501: error: ‘liburl’ undeclared (first use in this function)

This libiodbc build problem is being tracked in this ticket:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/51921

The buildbot machines are not special. They have MacPorts and Xcode installed in the usual way, same as your system would.

We do still create binaries of ports for Snow Leopard. They are built using Xcode 3.2.6. Xcode 4.x on Snow Leopard can be problematic so I don't recommend it.