Macports fails to build in macOS 10.12 Sierra

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Wed Jun 15 16:23:04 PDT 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 10:09:22PM +0200, Artemio González López wrote:
> checking for Apple Foundation library... no

This check should not have failed for you. Please provide config.log.
Additionally, try compiling the following program and provide the output
(which will likely also be found in config.log):

| #include <Foundation/Foundation.h>
|
| NSString *string = [[NSString alloc] initWithCString: "Hello World"];
| [NSString length];

Note that you'll have to pass -framework Foundation for this to sample
to link.

Considering the output I get on 10.11 I'm starting to think I can
predict what the problem will be. For reference, here's 10.11:

| conftest.m:32:46: warning: 'initWithCString:' is deprecated: first deprecated in OS X 10.4 [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
|                                                                 NSString *string = [[NSString alloc] initWithCString: "Hello World"];
|                                                                                                      ^
| /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSString.h:479:1: note: 'initWithCString:' has been explicitly marked deprecated here
| - (nullable id)initWithCString:(const char *)bytes NS_DEPRECATED(10_0, 10_4, 2_0, 2_0);
| ^
| conftest.m:33:19: warning: class method '+length' not found (return type defaults to 'id') [-Wobjc-method-access]
|                                                                 [NSString length];
|                                                                           ^~~~~~
| 2 warnings generated.

HTH,