courier-authlib - is daemon required?

Justin Vallon justinvallon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 00:17:19 PDT 2016

Does anybody use courier-imap and courier-authlib?

courier-authlib does not have a startup item, but it seems like
courier-imap assumes that an authdaemond is running.  Is it possible for
courier-imap to work without an authdaemon running?  I do not see any
configuration on either the courier-imap nor courier-authlib sides.

I have (in the past) patched the courier-authlib Portfile to produce a
startupitem; a recent rebuild of courier-authlib wiped out my custom build.

--
-Justin
JustinVallon at gmail.com