Fwd: Thank you all for the wonderful MacPorts Meeting in Slovenia (and see you again soon ...)

Jackson Isaac ijackson at macports.org
Sat Mar 19 12:56:34 PDT 2016

Forwarding using macports.org ID.

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
> On 2016-03-18 12:05, Aljaž Srebrnič wrote:
>>> Special thanks to Ryan for joining us in a remote session, to Rainer
>>> for representing the PortMgr, to Clemens for convincing us that
>>> hacking the base might not be as scary as it sounds, for attracting
>>> and mentoring new developers, to Dagobert for bringing in a fresh
>>> perspective from a different package manager and helping us with the
>>> buildbot setup, to Jackson for flying in from the other side of the
>>> globe, to Peter for keeping us awake with Italian coffee and not
>>> minding to completely change his meeting agenda, to our cook Darko.

I need his recipes :). It was really great meeting you people. Hope to
see you all soon.

>>> And finally to Aljaž who set up all the infrastructure for the
>>> conference and helped a lot with preparation work.
>>
>> And a big thanks goes to Mojca, who found the hotel in the first
>> place, negotiated a better internet connection, prepared and handled
>> the payments, wrote mails, and generally did everything so that the
>> meeting was successful!

Also the one to remind us of taking down minutes and recording everything.

> Definitely a big shout out to Mojca for taking the initiative to start
> this at all. It was such a great time! I am very glad we have such a
> nice and friendly community around MacPorts.

Also for teaching me skiing, though I was lying on the snow for most
of the time :P.

>>> Some moments have been captured in https://twitter.com/macports, but
>>> during the week we are all too busy to document everything we have
>>> done and everything that we discussed. You may expect the minutes from
>>> the meeting arriving in not too distant future though.
>>>
>>> We all agreed that we have to meet again. So stay tuned.
>>
>> Oh yeah! Judging from the quantity of food we ate, i’ll have to start
>> fasting :P
>
> The Slovenian beer I took home will keep me fueled for a while, but I
> already miss the spirit of hacking together on MacPorts of the last
> days.

Yes, we did get lot of things done in short time. And getting ideas
and opinions from others was really helpful and we learnt a lot.

> I really hope that the meeting badge [1] will not stay the only
> one in the collection!

This reminds me MacPorts tees, maybe next time :).

--
Jackson Isaac