lost terminal after quitting python3

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 12:31:41 PDT 2016

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 3:13 PM, <petr.2006 at centrum.cz> wrote:

> Still lost keyboard. When I start new terminal I see what I have typed
> into the dead one in command history.
> I will try to reinstall python33 with +readline.

Sorry, I meant that's what to type into the "dead" terminal to make it
behave again. When python3 is using libedit, for some reason it doesn't
reset to linemode+echo on exit. Seeing stuff in command history would seem
to confirm this.

(You could make a script to automate this, if readline turns out to be
unacceptable for some reason:

    #! /bin/sh
    tty="$(stty -g)"
    python3 ${1+"$@"}