JDK

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Mar 31 18:17:16 PDT 2016

On Mar 31, 2016, at 11:33 AM, Abdulrahman Alshammari wrote:

> Thanks for discussing this issue. It is true that there is a Java as a category, but I am almost sure that this check is not available there. I guess the best choice is to run a script and let the user to download the appropriate JDK.

I know there is a java category, but I wasn't talking about that; I was talking about the java portgroup, whose code you can see here:

https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/java-1.0.tcl

I know that it does not presently contain code to check for the presence of the JDK, but I was suggesting that it might be appropriate to add such code to that portgroup, though one should check how the portgroup is currently being used to see if that would be appropriate.