kerberos5 update error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed May 4 00:55:58 PDT 2016

On May 2, 2016, at 1:39 PM, Terry Barnum wrote:

> A kerberos5 update (1.13.2_1 -> 1.14.2.0) failed when doing a 'port upgrade outdated' so I tried 'port upgrade --force kerberos5' but after all the dependencies were reebuilt it still failed. This is on a Macmini1,1 (1.83GHz Core Duo) running MacPorts 2.3.4 on OS X 10.6.8. Log file is below. It seems to be failing at utf8_conv.c. Any ideas?

Things I notice:

> :debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.archivefetch (kerberos5)
> :debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
> :debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.fetch (kerberos5)
> :debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
> :debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.checksum (kerberos5)
> :debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
> :debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.extract (kerberos5)
> :debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
> :debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.patch (kerberos5)
> :debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
> :debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.configure (kerberos5)
> :debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.

All this "skipping" tell us this was not a clean build attempt, and you should clean and try again.

https://guide.macports.org/chunked/project.html#project.tickets

> :info:build /usr/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2  -DSHARED -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I../../include -I../../include  -DKRB5_DEPRECATED=1 -DKRB5_PRIVATE -I/opt/local/include -pipe -O2 -arch i386 -fno-common -Wall -Wcast-align -Wshadow -Wmissing-prototypes -Wno-format-zero-length -Woverflow -Wstrict-overflow -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wmissing-prototypes -Wreturn-type -Wmissing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wunused-label -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wunknown-pragmas -Wsign-compare -Wnewline-eof -Wdeclaration-after-statement  -c path.c -o path.so.o && mv -f path.so.o path.so
> :info:build UNREACHABLE executed!
> :info:build utf8_conv.c:457: internal compiler error: Abort trap
> :info:build Please submit a full bug report,
> :info:build with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> :info:build See <URL:http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter> for instructions.

You're on a 32-bit Mac running Snow Leopard, which is an unusual configuration and may be the reason why you see a failure that others don't see.

More likely, perhaps, is that I see you're using llvm-gcc-4.2, which is the default MacPorts compiler with Xcode 4 on Snow Leopard. Is that the version of Xcode you're using? On Snow Leopard, the recommended version of Xcode is 3.2.6.

If using gcc-4.2 works where llvm-gcc-4.2 failed, we should update the port to blacklist llvm-gcc-4.2.