mpv and python

Russell Jones russell.jones at physics.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 5 06:09:24 PDT 2016

 From a quick glance at the output of "port cat mpv" it looks like it
embeds python, and uses it to run the build tool "waf" and for doc
generation.

set python.versions         {27 34}
set python.default_version  27

# Set ${python.version} to the currently active variant.
foreach ver ${python.versions} {
     if {[variant_isset python${ver}]} {
         set python.version ${ver}
     }
}

post-patch {
     set python_ver_dot [join [split ${python.version} {}] "."]
     reinplace -W "${worksrcpath}"
"s|'rst2man'|'rst2man-${python_ver_dot}'|" wscript
}

It seems to have been pretty generically coded, so it may well work if
you add 35 to the list. waf says it only works with 3.4 at
https://github.com/waf-project/waf but maybe that's out of date?

Russell