Fwd: Re: Error in updating macports

Sumanth cs15btech11013 at iith.ac.in
Wed Nov 2 04:05:23 CET 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Sumanth" <cs15btech11013 at iith.ac.in>
Date: 01-Nov-2016 12:36 PM
Subject: Re: Error in updating macports
To: "Ryan Schmidt" <ryandesign at macports.org>
Cc: <macports-users-owner at lists.macosforge.org>

I've tried using different networks. With another network I'm got the
following error message.

$ port -v selfupdate

--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync

rsync: failed to connect to rsync.macports.org: No route to host (65)

rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.
apple.xbs/Sources/rsync/rsync-51/rsync/clientserver.c(106) [receiver=2.6.9]

Command failed: /usr/bin/rsync -rtzv --delete-after rsync://rsync.
macports.org/release/tarballs/base.tar/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.
macports.org/release/tarballs

Exit code: 10

Error: Error synchronizing MacPorts sources: command execution failed

To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:

    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets

Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Error synchronizing
MacPorts sources: command execution failed