New mailing list host: lists.macports.org

Ralph Seichter macports-ml at seichter.de
Thu Nov 3 00:33:49 CET 2016

On 03.11.16 00:23, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> The new mailing list server uses an updated version of mailman that is
> supposed to handle this problem without the need to remove the email
> footers.

If the sender signs message bodies and mailman modifies the bodies, DKIM
signatures should, by design, become invalid. Like I mentioned before, the
footers only repeat information given in the message headers anyway, so
I can't see why we would not simply get rid of them.

> Please let us know, after we move to the server, if you are still
> seeing such problems.

I'll be sure to check, it is easy enough to spot. ;-)

-Ralph