stuck in loop with restore_ports.tcl migrating to macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 02:28:07 CET 2016

here’s what I do when stuff like this happens

check your path `printenv` and see if it’s set correctly

cat ~/.profile

try “which clang” and “clang —version”

try writing up a very simple “hello.c” source file and see if it compiles (with the -v option to see what happens) and whether the executable runs

install some really really simple ports, like symlinks

…
at least make sure the basics work
…
if all that works correctly, then … gotta dig deeper

Ken