10.6.8 and ffmpeg

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Nov 3 04:51:52 CET 2016

> On Nov 2, 2016, at 10:49 PM, Al Varnell <alvarnell at mac.com> wrote:
>
> On Nov 2, 2016, at 8:43 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> Last time I checked Apple had done away with all new free subscriptions. Have they reinstated them?
>>
>> This is the first I'm hearing about that. Can you provide further information? Citation?
>
> When I first heard about it, over a year ago, I tried to sign my wife up and the only thing offered for free was Safari Extension developement and that free program was dropped at the same time as they reorganized the entire Development program a few months back.

https://developer.apple.com/support/compare-memberships/

"If you’re looking to develop apps for Apple platforms, download the Xcode developer tools, SDKs, and resources for free on the Xcode downloads page. Program membership is not required. If you don’t already have an Apple ID, you can create one here."