stuck in loop with restore_ports.tcl migrating to macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 21:17:54 CET 2016

Problem with re-installing my ports after migration from El Capitan to Sierra is SOLVED — at least with respect to installing gmp (upon which quite a few other ports depend)!

That ‘__SWIFT_UNAVAILABLE_MSG” error, which ultimately points back to Availability.h was the clue indeed: As a workaround some time ago for the bug discussed in ticket #48471, I had edited a local copy of Availability.h and put it into /opt/local/include.

Simply removing that local copy from /opt/local/include now allows installation of gmp to proceed to completion. And more.

> On Nov 2, 2016, at 11:17 PM, Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Murray, I note the error in your log looks somewhat like this error in trac:
>
> <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52776 <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52776>>
>
> __SWIFT_UNAVAILABLE_MSG
>>
> Ken

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334