Use what arpack & atlas variants for use with octave?

David Strubbe dstrubbe at macports.org
Mon Nov 7 02:09:23 CET 2016

Hi,

As far as I know, there is no interaction between which compilers are for
atlas and what is used for any dependency. I am not sure why Marius thought
they need the same Fortran compiler.

The atlas port will choose a Fortran compiler on its own if any is
available. Using a variant just specifies manually which one. You need the
Fortran support to be able to link from Fortran in a dependency.

Murray, regarding "arpack does offer a +gcc5 variant, yet “sudo port info
arpack” lists a build dependency on gcc6." --
"port info" shows dependencies for the default variants. So, that doesn't
mean that arpack +gcc5 would depend on gcc6.

David

On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com