Macports needs a little marketing

Stephen Baber sbaber66 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 07:16:11 CET 2016

Hi, author of JPortsUI here.  JPortsUI can run on all newer versions
(7 & 8) of the JRE but I've kept compatibility with JRE6 for any Lion
or Snow Leopard users out there as Oracle does not deploy JRE8 to
platforms older than OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion.  I still test JPortsUI to
insure compatibility with MacPorts updates but am currently running
Mavericks.

Please note, the executable and Java source code is officially available at:
http://jportsui.sf.net
under its CC BY-SA 3.0 license.  If anyone would like to help me bring
it into MacPorts proper as a "port install jportsui" deliverable, I
would really appreciate it.

Thank you, Guido, for letting me know it runs on macOS Sierra ok!

Steve