selfupdate fails with '"/tarballs/ports.tar" (in release) failed: No such file or directory'

Adam Mercer ramercer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 22:47:00 CET 2016

Hi

Just tried to update my ports tree, with selfupdate, and it's failing
with the following:

Synchronizing local ports tree from
rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar
DEBUG: /usr/bin/rsync -rtzv --delete-after
rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs

Willkommen auf dem RSYNC-server auf ftp.fau.de.
Nicht all unsere Mirror sind per rsync verfuegbar.

Welcome to the RSYNC daemon on ftp.fau.de.
Not all of our mirrors are available through rsync.

receiving file list ... rsync: link_stat "/tarballs/ports.tar" (in
release) failed: No such file or directory (2)
done

sent 4 bytes  received 9 bytes  8.67 bytes/sec
total size is 0  speedup is 0.00
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/rsync/rsync-47/rsync/main.c(1400)
[receiver=2.6.9]
Command failed: /usr/bin/rsync -rtzv --delete-after
rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs
Exit code: 23
Error: Synchronization of the local ports tree failed doing rsync
DEBUG: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed
    while executing
"mportsync [array get global_options]"
port sync failed: Synchronization of 1 source(s) failed
[ram at abhoth ~]$

It does seem that there is no tarball at this location:

[ram at abhoth ~]$ rsync rsync.macports.org::release/tarballs/

Willkommen auf dem RSYNC-server auf ftp.fau.de.
Nicht all unsere Mirror sind per rsync verfuegbar.

Welcome to the RSYNC daemon on ftp.fau.de.
Not all of our mirrors are available through rsync.

drwxr-xr-x          4,096 2016/09/11 21:46:57 .
[ram at abhoth ~]$

Has this location changed?

Cheers

Adam