Macports needs a little marketing ....

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Nov 16 18:09:44 CET 2016

On Nov 16, 2016, at 10:16 AM, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:
> The only thing that could be done would be a slight delay between
> master and "stable". For example everything that's in master would go
> to "quasi-stable" after a week unless some problems are discovered
> (and then the port would be held back). But this requires extra
> manpower again. Something we lack already.

I think it would be nicer to just be able to have ports tagged with some metadata (passes lint, buildbot was able to process, installed by n # of users who have agreed to send stats back to the project, etc.)

End users could use the metadata to make the kinds of decisions one might make for 'stable' vs. 'unstable' stuff elsewhere.

--
Daniel J. Luke