unbound binding problem after restart

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Nov 22 16:48:38 CET 2016

On Nov 22, 2016, at 4:47 AM, FritzS - gmx <fritzs at gmx.net> wrote:
> Sometimes unbound could not bind his port 53 after restart.
> After this unbound are not listed as process in the CPU process dump too.
> A second start command tells process are running.
> So I must restart my mac that it works.

you could probably do 'port unload unbound && port load unbound' instead of rebooting.

> I obsurved unbound start short under user root and changed quickly to user unbound - I think to be able to bind his port.
> Are the way to use user and group ID's under 500 a better way?

no. UIDs under 500 are reserved by apple (and aren't related to whatever issue you're seeing).

If you want to debug this further, you're going to need to figure out why exactly unbound isn't binding to port 53 when it first tries to start.

--
Daniel J. Luke