kmymoney4 broken after update

Stanton Sanderson stansand at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 18:46:51 PDT 2016

> On Sep 30, 2016, at 6:03 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 30, 2016, at 8:47 AM, Stanton Sanderson <stansand at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On Sep 30, 2016, at 5:17 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if this will resolve this problem you're experiencing, but forcing the activation was definitely not good, and you should undo that. First you need to know which port you force-activated, and which other port's files got moved out of the way as a result. I assume you force-activated kdepimlibs4, and that it moved gpgme's files out of the way. This problem in kdepimlibs4 was fixed in r153292 on Wednesday. I suggest you `sudo port -f deactivate kdepimlibs4 gpgme`, then `sudo port activate gpgme`; gpgme's files should now be back in the right place. Then `sudo port selfupdate`. Then try `sudo port upgrade kdelimpibs4`. If you had the old conflicting version of kdepimlibs4, it should now be upgraded to the nonconflicting version. If you already had the nonconflicting version, nothing will happen, in which case you should be able to run `sudo port activate kdepimlibs4` without receiving an activation failure. You can then upgrade any remaining outdated ports with `sudo port upgrade outdated`.
>>
>> Thank you for your suggestion. I followed the steps as suggested (using the correct spelling for the upgrade step) but the process again failed at rebuilding kmymoney4.
>
> Ok, but the activation conflict is resolved?
>
>> I activated gpgme @1.6.0_2 and kdepimlibs4 @4.14.3_3 (which are still installed) and kmoney4 opened as before.
>>
>> I uninstalled gpgme @1.7.0_0 and kdepimlibs4 @4.14.3_4, then did a self update and upgrade outdated. After the upgrades, kmymoney4 attempts to upgrade and fails.
>
> Can you show us a transcript or log of the failure?

I am at a point where port outdated (after sudo port selfupdate and sudo port upgrade) returns
The following installed ports are outdated:
	gpgme                          1.6.0_2 < 1.7.0_0
	kdepimlibs4                    4.14.3_3 < 4.14.3_4
 I don’t understand that.

 I’m cc’d on the ticket(s). Kmymoney4 is running with the active versions of gpgme and kdepimlibs4. I have a second machine which I am not updating until this is resolved.

I was hoping to install Sierra on one machine to ensure compatibility with ported apps. I am aware of the instructions for doing so as presented on the macports web site.

Thank you.

Stan