macports-users Digest, Vol 122, Issue 2

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 03:42:17 CEST 2016

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 9:30 PM, James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> It still works, but not at boot time.
> Brandon you said that you had several boot launchd plists. May I see one
> please?

Probably won't help for this... if it works but not at boot time, you
probably need to wait for diskarbitrationd or some other daemon to be
ready. Unfortunately it looks like launchd has gone in the direction of
requiring programs to use socket, Mach port, or xpc dependencies, which
would be incompatible with a shell script. :/

Looks like on my current machine I have only one non-MacPorts daemon, and
it's essentially cribbed from the corresponding MacPorts daemon (sshd; I
run the main one cert-only and a private one listening only on vmnet with
password access). So it's unlikely to be helpful.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "
http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>KeepAlive</key>
<true/>
<key>Label</key>
<string>com.kf8nh.openssh-private</string>
<key>ProgramArguments</key>
<array>
<string>/opt/local/bin/daemondo</string>
<string>--label=ssh</string>
<string>--start-cmd</string>
<string>/usr/sbin/sshd</string>
<string>-f</string>
<string>/etc/sshd_private_config</string>
<string>;</string>
<string>--restart-netchange</string>
<string>--pid=fileauto</string>
<string>--pidfile=/var/run/sshd.pid</string>
</array>
</dict>
</plist>