thanks

Stan Sanderson stansand at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 22:14:49 CEST 2016

Just successfully completed updating Macports on two machines which had been updated from El Capitan to Sierra OS. There were 625 ports on my list, and everything appears to be working. I was especially happy to see kmymoney4 working. I had seen problems with kmymoney4 on the first machine a few days ago, but the recent update  allowed it to upgrade correctly.

It may seem obvious, but I would like to offer the following “hint:”

During the reinstall port process there were a few times when it halted for some reason or another (e.g., "too many files open”). I found that re-running

		sudo rm -rf /opt/local/var/macports/build/*
followed by

		sudo ./restore_ports.tcl myports.txt

allowed the process to continue.

Thank you to all who contributed to the documentation and updating.