Recommended upgrade order

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Oct 7 10:16:29 CEST 2016

> On Oct 7, 2016, at 2:55 AM, Bill Christensen <billc_lists at greenbuilder.com> wrote:
>
> I'm planning to upgrade a couple MAMP servers, and wanted to check if any gotchas may be out there.  I plan to upgrade:
>
> OSX 10.9.5 and 10.10.x to 10.12.x (and obviously xcode)
>
> PHP 5.5.x to 7.x
>
> MySQL 5.5.x to 5.7.x
>
> Does it matter if I do the OS before php/mysql, or the other way around?  I'm guessing OS first.

When you upgrade the OS, you'll have to reinstall all ports, so you should upgrade the OS and MacPorts first, then reinstall MacPorts, then reinstall all ports. See the Migration wiki page.

The phpXX-mysql ports don't yet have a +mysql57 variant. I was in the process of trying to add that, but got delayed by mysql57 not building (https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52185)