webkit-gtk2: Will it ever be fixed?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 02:29:05 CEST 2016

Thanks for posting your worries instead of just giving up.

I will leap here to assume you actually do want help to get this to work, and you're not just venting frustration.

You have to realize that with the kind of information you've volunteered so far, no-one on Earth is likely to be able to help you.

Please consider first of all searching for an existing ticket that explains your issue in the Macports tickets (https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Tickets). There likely is one.

If there is not a ticket that represents your issue, then open a ticket yourself. Be accurate about the name of the port. Upload the build log, mentioned in every error report. Let us have a look.

If you were to do those things, there is a very reasonable chance one of the dozens of kind-hearted souls who hang out around here will help you solve the issue, whatever it might be!

Best,

Ken