Servers down?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 22 00:50:54 CEST 2016

> On Oct 21, 2016, at 5:45 PM, Manfred Antar <mantar at pozo.comcastbiz.net> wrote:

>>> Yes, {svn,trac}.macports.org is still down, and probably others.
>>
>> The only other server that appears to have been affected was the one serving the web site and guide. We already moved this to new hosting, but have not yet set up the ports database on the new server, which is why that section of the web site is currently unavailable.
>>
>> Until access is restored, you can probably find some of our wiki pages in the Internet Archive, such as:
>>
>> https://web.archive.org/web/20160513042611/http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration
>>

> Does this mean that svn.macports.org will no longer work for updating the ports tree ?
> It’s been down for a few days.

There is an unexpected problem on the network that our servers are on; access to these servers was inadvertently blocked. We are trying to get access unblocked again, or move the servers to another location, as quickly as possible, hopefully by tomorrow.

> will everything switch to git?

On October 29th/30th. After that time, you can use git to update your ports tree, or svn if you prefer, since GitHub provides an svn compatibility mode.

> Hopefully there will be a faq on changing over.

What we have written for now is here:

https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2016-October/041819.html