trouble building mtr 0.87 on snow leopard. portfile patched?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Oct 28 16:15:04 CEST 2016

> On Oct 28, 2016, at 5:03 AM, Peter Hancock <hancock at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
> On a snow leopard machine, mtr won't upgrade from 0.86 to 0.87.
> The trouble, according to the log, is that IPPROTO_SCTP isn't defined.   The failing compile is:
>
> :info:build /usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I.   -I/opt/local/include  -pipe -Os -arch i386 -Wall -Wno-pointer-sign -MT net.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/net.Tpo -c -o net.o net.c
>
> This is after several "sudo port clean mtr "s.
> I'd no problems with upgrading mtr on a 2012 mini running yosemite.
>
> I looked at the trac.macports.org, and the last 154082 changeset gives some diffs to the
> portfile.  Quite possibly I'm not looking at the right thing, but the patch doesn't
> seem to have been applied to the portfile used by the failing build.  (There were no
> complaints about checksums in the build.)
>
> I'm reluctant to uninstall mtr and reinstall it, as 0.86 functions and is very useful.
> Anyone else have this issue?
>
> Otherwise I've done most(?) things one should do before creating a ticket. Worth doing?

Upstream already had a bug report and solution for this, so I applied it to the port:

https://trac.macports.org/changeset/154358

Hopefully that resolves it.

Since you already used a hack to install the port without that fix, you should probably rebuild it. Wait an hour or two for the fix to make it to our servers, then:

sudo port selfupdate
sudo port -n upgrade --force mtr