Moving to GitHub: Status Update, Action Required

David Evans devans at macports.org
Fri Oct 28 16:58:16 CEST 2016

On 10/28/16 7:18 AM, Rainer Müller wrote:
> On 2016-10-28 16:02, Craig Treleaven wrote:
>>> On Oct 21, 2016, at 2:12 PM, Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org> wrote:
>>> Migration Timeline
>>> ==================
>>> The switch to Git will happen on the weekend of October 29th/30th. ...
>>
>> Is this still on track?
>
> Yes, expect Subversion to go read-only this weekend. Shortly afterwards,
> the repositories on GitHub will be the authoritative source for MacPorts.
>
> The infrastructure team did not schedule the exact time when this will
> happen, but definitely this weekend.

Considering that this is a significant event, I'd appreciate it (and others
might as well) if a specific date & time, expressed in UTC, could be published
today for the disabling of subversion write access.

Doesn't have to be a hard commitment for the infrastructure team.
Even if it was something like "not earlier than xxxx",  it would help with planning.

Thanks,

Dave