GitHub migration complete

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon Oct 31 10:49:55 CET 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 10:18:42AM +0100, René J.  V. Bertin wrote:
> I may have overlooked this, but does github have any provisions that
> would allow the PortIndex files to be generated on the server and
> served with the actual repo contents? That would probably give a very
> significant reduction in the resources spent collectively to
> regenerate those files...

Just as with Subversion, the answer is no. Remember that the PortIndex
is specific to the macOS version you are running, so a server-generated
PortIndex could only generate all of them into different files.

Additionally, git does not preserve timestamps from the repository on
checkout, so you might actually end up re-generating the index locally
anyway.

--
Clemens