command not found

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 2 07:10:51 PDT 2016

On 02/09/16 15:05, Ignatios Athanasiadis wrote:
> The files, /opt/local and /opt/local/var/macports/software exist and when I run echo $PATH it includes the path /opt/local/bin.
> However, the file /opt/local/bin/port does not exist.
> Also when I used to run open whatever.pdf file a pdf file would open. Is this a macports related problem as well?

Unlikely, unless you where using a macports provided PDF viewer as your
preferred application. What application used to start ? Preview ? If so,
then this probably nothing to do with Macports, just another side affect
of your failed file restoration.

One thing you could do is to check the messages in Console (start the
Console application) to see if that gives any hint as to what is happening.

Chris