MySQL #2002 - No such file or directory

Ignatios Athanasiadis ignathanas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 06:33:22 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I have followed the links below to generate a phpmyadmin server and link it to mysql.

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/Apache2 <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/Apache2>
https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/MySQL <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/MySQL>
https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/PHP <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/PHP>
https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/MAMP <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/MAMP>

and https://coolestguidesontheplanet.com/get-apache-mysql-php-and-phpmyadmin-working-on-osx-10-11-el-capitan/ <https://coolestguidesontheplanet.com/get-apache-mysql-php-and-phpmyadmin-working-on-osx-10-11-el-capitan/>

However I am getting the error :
#2002 - No such file or directory — The server is not responding (or the local server's socket is not correctly configured).

As stated in the last link I try to make a link to mysql.sock as:
sudo mkdir /var/mysql
sudo ln -s /tmp/mysql.sock /var/mysql/mysql.sock
However, there is no file mysql.sock in /tmp/.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much in advance.

Ignatios