MacPorts missing links

David Epstein David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk
Sat Sep 10 23:41:54 PDT 2016

> On 10 Sep 2016, at 23:13, Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:

… snip …

> Run this:
>
> 	find -L /opt/local -type l
>
> This will print any broken symlinks in your MacPorts prefix. Email the output to this list, and we can tell you what you can safely delete.
>
> vq

I ran the suggested find command and double checked that all the entries are broken symlinks. Ideally I would like to get rid of all of them, but safely. From my point of view, the danger is that these filenames occur in some different list in /opt/local, unknown to me, and that this list would be corrupted if I simply delete the broken symlinks using /bin/rm .

/opt/local/bin/2to3
/opt/local/bin/2to3-3
/opt/local/bin/idle
/opt/local/bin/idle3
/opt/local/bin/iptest
/opt/local/bin/iptest2
/opt/local/bin/ipython
/opt/local/bin/ipython2
/opt/local/bin/pip
/opt/local/bin/pydoc
/opt/local/bin/pydoc3
/opt/local/bin/python
/opt/local/bin/python-config
/opt/local/bin/python3
/opt/local/bin/python3-config
/opt/local/bin/python3m
/opt/local/bin/python3m-config
/opt/local/bin/pythonw
/opt/local/bin/pyvenv
/opt/local/bin/smtpd.py
/opt/local/etc/select/ipython/current
/opt/local/etc/select/ipython2/current
/opt/local/etc/select/pip/current
/opt/local/etc/select/python/current
/opt/local/etc/select/python3/current
/opt/local/lib/libpng.la
/opt/local/libexec/qt4/include/QtCLucene
/opt/local/libexec/qt4/include/QtDesignerComponents
/opt/local/libexec/qt4/Library/Frameworks/QtCLucene.framework/Headers
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Headers
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Python
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Resources
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current
/opt/local/man/man1/ipython.1
/opt/local/man/man1/ipython2.1
/opt/local/man/man1/python.1
/opt/local/man/man1/python3.1