MacPorts missing links

Al Varnell alvarnell at mac.com
Mon Sep 12 20:02:08 PDT 2016

Perhaps the Wiki page needs to state more clearly that this only needs to be done for major OS X/macOS upgrades, that is from 10.11.x to 10.12, for instance. In all the years I've been using MacPorts I have never needed to reinstall the MacPorts base for a minor upgrade.

I would also encourage somebody to look into the need for both Xcode and Command Line Tools since Xcode 7. Apple makes it quite clear on the download page that Xcode now contains the CLTs, so installing both might well cause issues and clearly waste valuable space.

Sent from Janet's iPad

-Al-