MacPorts missing links

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Tue Sep 13 04:42:17 PDT 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 12:10:59PM +0100, David Epstein wrote:
> On 12 Sep 2016, at 17:39, Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:
> > The new documentation system has a "port-select" manpage, but I'm
> > not sure if that has been released.

> You refer above to the “documentation system”. Could you be more
> explicit? Are you referring to something that is part of a MacPorts
> installation—if so, what is the file/directory name—or to an online
> document—if so what is the web address?

MacPorts 2.4 will automatically open a manpage when you run 'port help
select'. That is what we call the "documentation system".

There is no web version of these manpages (although since they are based
on asciidoc, a web version could be generated). You can read the source
at
  https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/doc/port-select.1.txt

> I tried “man port-select” and got "No manual entry for port-select"

That will change for MacPorts 2.4.

--
Clemens