is Docker port still supported?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Sep 19 02:45:03 PDT 2016

On 19 September 2016 at 05:08, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On Sep 18, 2016, at 9:36 PM, Ron Sidell wrote:
>>
>> Please forgive my ignorance but I'm trying to understand whether the
>> Docker port is still being maintained.
/.../
>> Please help me understand if I should consider to be under active
>> maintenance even though nomaintainer is still listed as the maintainer?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Ron (a dedicated MacPorts user) thank you to all maintainers!
>
> "nomaintainer" means nobody has agreed to be the port's maintainer, and that anybody with commit access may feel free to make changes to it.

... and that you can volunteer to become a maintainer.

"nomaintainer" doesn't mean that the port won't receive any updates.
It's just that whenever someone files a bug or asks for an update, the
ticket won't be sent to any particular developer and might go
unnoticed for a longer period of time. It is then up to random
volunteers to browse through the database of open tickets.

New maintainers are always welcome.

Mojca