A general upgrade question

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 23 07:50:14 PDT 2016

Hi,

I would suggest in your case, because your port list might be a little
out of date, to not use the ./restore_ports.tcl scripts. Instead,
manually look at your myports.txt and requested.txt files, decide which
ports you still want and try install them one by one, with whatever
variants you want (and are still valid for the new OS etc., as things do
change). In my experience the list of ports you need to request is often
not that long (use the requested.txt file) and thus this isn't as
onerous as it might sound, and more reliable.

Chris