osxfuse @3.5.0 build error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Sep 24 11:17:27 PDT 2016

> On Sep 24, 2016, at 1:08 PM, Davide Liessi <davide.liessi at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The intention of the portfile is explained in the comments:
>>
>> # We will build user-space components for the specified arch, and
>> # kernel modules for the kernel arch.
>>
>> It sounds like your changes will cause it to build the user-space components for the kernel arch as well, which was not the intention.
>
> Yes, but without my changes (both for @3.5.0 and @2.8.0) it tries to
> build also the kernel extension with the user-space architecture.
> My change to @2.8.0 was the only way I could get a working osxfuse on
> my machine.
>
>> I'm not certain how to tell the build system what arch to build the kernel extension for. It would make sense that it would be able to figure it out on its own, but I don't know if it does.
>
> Apparently it does not.
>
> I copy the relevant part of main.log for the original Portfile without
> my change at the end of the message.
> You can find the same error on the 10.6 buildbot and a very similar
> one on the 10.7 buildbot:
> https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.6_x86_64_legacy-builder/builds/5740
> https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.7_x86_64_legacy-builder/builds/10188

Those logs say the error is:

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_bblocal_var_buildworker_ports_build_ports_fuse_osxfuse/osxfuse/work/osxfuse-osxfuse-cc7d953/support/mount_osxfuse/mount_osxfuse.c: In function 'send_fd':
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_bblocal_var_buildworker_ports_build_ports_fuse_osxfuse/osxfuse/work/osxfuse-osxfuse-cc7d953/support/mount_osxfuse/mount_osxfuse.c:603: warning: implicit conversion shortens 64-bit value into a 32-bit value

I'm not sure if that has anything to do with architecture mismatches; rather, it sounds like a perfectly normal bug in handling numbers of different sizes, that the developers of osxfuse should resolve.

The 10.6 log then follows this with:

pbxcp: mount_osxfuse: No such file or directory
pbxcp: mount_osxfuse: No such file or directory