Migration of MacPorts installation: Very basic questions

Eneko Gotzon enekogotzon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 14:49:08 PDT 2016

Hi Byte Riders.

I'm sorry about this kind of questions; please, excuse me.

In the *Download and execute the restore_ports script* section (Migration
procedure of a MacPorts installation
<https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration#Migrationprocedure>), please, how
many commands are in the provided expression, three?

   1. curl -O
   https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/contrib/restore_ports/restore_ports.tcl
   2. chmod +x restore_ports.tcl
   3. sudo ./restore_ports.tcl myports.txt

The same about *Restoring the requested status;* I believe they are two
commands; I'm right?

   1. sudo port unsetrequested installed
   2. xargs sudo port setrequested < requested.txt

Thank you very much and, again, excuse me.
--
Eneko Gotzon Ares
enekogotzon at gmail.com