osxfuse @3.5.0 build error

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 07:09:27 PDT 2016

> info:build pbxcp: mount_osxfuse: No such file or directory
> :info:build pbxcp: mount_osxfuse: No such file or directory
> :info:build CpResource

> :info:build The following build commands failed:
> :info:build mount_osxfuse:
> :info:build     CompileC

> build/mount_osxfuse.build/Release/mount_osxfuse.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/mount_osxfuse.o
> /Volumes/MacPorts/hopeful/build/_opt_macports-git_trunk_dports_fuse_osxfuse/osxfuse/work/osxfuse-osxfuse-cc7d953/support/mount_osxfuse/mount_osxfuse.c
> normal x86_64 c com.apple.compilers.llvmgcc42

First of all, it’s a very different kind of port. It selects it’s own compilers (llvmgcc42), and has intricate links into the Xcode installation.

Most of the options I tried in the portfile that might have normally worked (supported_archs etc) have no effect at all on this build.

As you point out, the build fails when trying to build mount_osxfuse.o in architecture x86_64. The i386 build does seem to get built on my system.

I think you might make progress initially by trying to just build it yourself in the work directory, using the build script.

The README.md says that you should just be able to run ./build.sh -t distribution from there (with sudo of course for the macports location) — but that fails with the error above.

Maybe it can be limited to a specific architecture?

The architectures are passed in via an array, and I tried a number of different versions of

 ./build.sh -t distribution -a i386
 ./build.sh -t distribution -architecture i386
 ./build.sh -t distribution -architecture = i386

but so far haven’t divined the secret code.

Once you have it building in the work directory with the proper chord of options, translating that to the Portfile will be easier.

Or maybe we’ll just have to get the developer to tell us what we’re doing wrong here.

I hope this helps.

Ken