Difficulty in upgrading MacPorts from El Capitan to Sierra

Barrie Stott zen146410 at zen.co.uk
Tue Apr 4 14:48:46 UTC 2017

> On 4 Apr 2017, at 12:02, db <iamsudo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 4 Apr 2017, at 09:44, Barrie Stott <zen146410 at zen.co.uk> wrote:
>> 2. I would like to be able to take a requested port and find the tree of ports that would need to be installed before this port.
>
> http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/26921/installed-macports-packages-sizes/240638#240638

Many thanks for the reply. The question you answered is not the one I wanted answered. What I have done so far has shown that upgrading all wanted ports with a single invocation of 'sudo ./restore_ports.tcl myports.txt' does not work for me because of errors. I want to upgrade a single port or at most a handful with each invocation of ‘sudo port install …’ and for that I need to know the dependencies for each port that I want.

Thanks again for trying to help; I’m sorry that the description of what I wanted was inadequate.

Barrie.