building from source with libc++

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Apr 18 15:54:56 UTC 2017

On 18 April 2017 at 17:45, Ken Cunningham wrote:

> After coming across this issue one too many times for my own liking, and changing several dozen ports as you have done, I finally just patched clang to make it default to add -stdlib=lilbc++ by default on all systems, which solves this issue once and forever.

That doesn't sound too bad :)

I'm currently fighting with cross-compiling (for i386 and ppc) on 10.6
and usually setting CC="gcc -arch ppc" is a much safer recipe that
making sure that the software consistently switches to obeying CFLAGS.

I wonder if we should introduce a variant of the compiler to do just that :)

> If you're interested in my clang patches (for clang 3.7, 3.8, and 3.9), they are here. In  the end, it's just a one character patch, changing the system test:
> <https://github.com/kencu/SnowLeopardPorts/blob/master/lang/llvm-3.8/files/999-patch-clang-3.8-Toolchains-default-always-libcxx.diff>

You have just been nominated to fix this bug:
    https://trac.macports.org/ticket/53634
Thanks in advance :)

Mojca

PS: that's not to say that ports shouldn't be fixed