building from source with libc++

db iamsudo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 21:10:43 UTC 2017

On 19 Apr 2017, at 18:22, Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:
> You're right, that option is not listed there. It is listed in the LibCxxOnOlderSystems instructions, which is where I originally found it.
> It looks like this, in macports.conf on my system.
> default_compilers       macports-clang-3.8

Are the other steps described in the LibcxxOnOlderSystems instructions for 10.6 not necessary for 10.8?

> You can fix these ports by manually adding  -stdlib=libc++ to the CXXFLAGS and often LDFLAGS (as you described before), and/or you can change the default stdlib to libc++ in clang-3.8 (as I mentioned with my clang patch before), or alternatively Mojca's idea to add the stdlib spec to the CXX compiler environment variable would work as well, if that is implemented.
> The easiest of these for me was the clang-3.8 patch.

If I understood correctly Apple's clang natively does what stock clang needs to be patched for.

Both 3.8 and 3.9 are at rev 3 but I'd rather assume I could patch llvm portfile manually and use your patch file 999.